- 1. Raise blade approximately 15 inches (,5 m), or high enough to provide adequate ground clearance.
Do not move machine until brake oil pressure is at least 800 PSI (56,25 kg/cm2).
- 2. Release parking brake.
- 3. Release transmission safety lock.
- 4. Shift range selector to neutral. (See page 23 for complete shifting instructions.)
- 5. Shift torque divider drive selector to TD (torque converter drive). (See page 24 for complete shifting instructions.)
- 6. Shift range selector to first speed.
- 7. Depress accelerator to obtain desired travel speed.
Select range transmission speed with lever located in "U" shaped slot.
The transmission has 3 speeds forward and 3 reverse. It remains in gear speed selected.
Upshift only when torque divider is in overdrive (OD).
When machine and engine are under light load, upshift range transmission.
Downshift only when shift indicator light is ON, and only one range at a time.
Operation for prolonged periods under heavy load conditions, in torque converter drive (shift light on), will overheat the torque converter. Shift to lower speed range.
It is not necessary to downshift if indicator light comes on when operating under light load conditions.
Do not downshift range transmission when torque divider transmission lever is in TD position.
Improper downshifting can cause engine overspeeding and damage.
Stop machine and reduce engine speed before shifting to reverse range.
Transmission will automatically disengage when engine is stopped. Apply parking brake to hold machine when stopped.
Torque Divider Transmission
TORQUE DIVIDER TRANSMISSION LEVER
SHIFT INDIAVSOR LIGHT
Select the torque divider transmission ratios with lever at the right of range transmission shift slot. Power from the engine to the range transmission goes through this transmission.
This transmission has three ratios.
Torque Converter Drive (TD) - transmission will stay in torque converter drive.
Direct Drive (DD) - transmission will automatically shift up, and down between torque converter and direct drive, according to engine speed and load.
Overdrive (OD) - transmission will automatically shift up and down from torque converter drive, direct drive and overdrive, according to engine speed and load.
Downshift only when shift light is ON, and only one ratio at a time.
Before moving machine, select maximum ratio desired. Machine will start in torque converter drive and automatically upshift to selected range.
For best performance under normal working conditions, operate in TD or DD range.
For slow travel speeds with light load, reduce engine speed or shift to torque converter range.
Changing Engine Speed
Pull governor control lever back to increase engine speed.
Push governor control forward to decrease engine speed.
Depress accelerator to override governor control and increase engine speed.
Depress decelerator to override governor control and decrease engine speed.
Accelerator and decelerator are spring loaded and will return when released.
Clutch Modulating Pedal
Use the clutch modulating pedal for "inching" machine. Depressing pedal part way will automatically put torque divider transmission into torque converter drive and also allow the range transmission to slip. Depressing pedal all the way completely neutralizes the transmissions.
Do not use clutch modulating pedal on downgrade under no load conditions.
- 1. Lean wheels in direction of forward turn (right for right turn, left for left turn). Travel as far as possible in direction of forward turn.
- 2. Lean and turn front wheels in opposite direction. Back machine as far as possible to line it up with new direction of travel.
- 3. Turn wheels to new travel direction and lean wheels in direction of turn. Straighten wheels for straight ahead travel.
If necessary to cross a ditch when turning, back across it.