Install the Wire Follower - Early
- 1. Select proper blade angle and tip positions for the type of material being worked.
- 2. Lower blade to ground using manual controls.
- 3. Install wire follower on mounting bracket of leading edge of moldboard and set at operating height.
- 4. Install follower unit electrical connection and safety cable.
- 5. Loosen thumb screw and rotate the follower to set wand parallel to cutting edge.
- 3. Put bracket (1) on end of tube assembly. Install bracket (2). Install tube (3).
- 4. Install bracket and connect signal cable to plug in tube assembly.
- 5. Loosen set screw and rotate the follower to set wand parallel to the cutting edge.
- 6. Adjust height so lever will be on horizontal plane when final grade is reached. Set counterweight for at least 2 ounce load on the wire.
- 7. Adjustments on the mounting bracket permit grade wire to be set from 10 to 25 inches above grade.
Under Wire Operation
Install wire follower on mounting bracket so wand is under and touching wire. Position with wand parallel to cutting edge and lever horizontal with final grade. Run counterweight out to give wand 2 ounce pressure up against the wire.