Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: This unit has a dual purpose. The element serves as a water separator and a fuel filter.
- Open the engine access door. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Access Doors and Covers".
Illustration 1 g01017292 Fuel Filter/Water Separator that is located on the left side of the engine compartment
- Open the drain on the fuel filter/water separator (3). Allow the water and fuel to drain into a suitable container.
- Close the drain valve by hand. Do not tighten the drain valve with a tool. Damage to the valve or to the seals may occur.
- Support the fuel filter/water separator and rotate the locking ring (1) counterclockwise. Remove the fuel filter/water separator.
- Rotate the locking ring (2) counterclockwise. Remove the bowl assembly.
- Clean the mounting base for the fuel filter/water separator.
- Clean the bowl assembly for the fuel/water separator.
- Install the bowl assembly onto the new fuel/water separator and rotate the locking ring clockwise.
- Install the new fuel filter/water separator onto the mounting base. Rotate the locking ring clockwise in order to fasten the fuel filter/water separator to the mounting base.
- Prime the fuel system in order to fill the fuel filter/water separator with fuel. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Fuel System Priming Pump - Operate".
- Close the engine access door.