The auxiliary start receptacle is located on the right side of the machine, in the battery compartment.
Some AVSpare products may be equipped with auxiliary start receptacles as standard. All other machines can be equipped with a receptacle from parts service. Then, a permanent receptacle is always available for jump starting.
There are two cable assemblies that can be used to jump start the stalled machine. You can jump the machine from another machine that is equipped with this receptacle or an auxiliary power pack. Your AVSpare dealer can provide the correct cable lengths for your application.
- Determine the reason that the engine will not start.
Reference: Refer to Special Instruction, SEHS7633, "Battery Test Procedure" for more information.
- Move the transmission direction and speed control to the NEUTRAL position on the stalled machine. Engage the parking brake. Move all controls to the HOLD position
- On the stalled machine, turn the engine start switch to the OFF position. Turn off all accessories.
- On the stalled machine, turn the battery disconnect switch to the ON position.
- Move the machines together in order for the cables to reach. DO NOT ALLOW THE MACHINES TO CONTACT EACH OTHER.
- Stop the engine on the machine that is being used as the electrical source. If you are using an auxiliary power source, turn off the charging system.
- On the stalled machine, connect the appropriate jump start cable to the auxiliary start receptacle.
- Connect the other end of this cable to the electrical source. You must connect the cable to the auxiliary start receptacle.
- Start the engine on the machine that is the electrical source. Also, you can energize the charging system on the auxiliary power source.
- Allow the electrical source to charge the batteries for two minutes.
- Attempt to start the stalled engine. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Engine Starting" for the machine that is being serviced.
- Immediately after the stalled engine starts, disconnect the jump start cable from the electrical source.
- Disconnect the other end of this cable from the stalled machine.
- Conclude with a failure analysis on the starting/charging system. Check the stalled machine, as required. Check the machine when the engine is running and the charging system is in operation.