- 1. Lower all raised equipment.
- 2. Engage parking brake.
- 3. Disengage clutch and move transmission shift lever to NEUTRAL position.
- 4. Move high-low selector lever to LOW.
- 5. Pull governor control to half speed position.
- 6. Turn disconnect switch ON.
Above 60°F (16°C)
Turn heat-start switch to START. Release as soon as engine starts.
Below 60°F (16°C)
- 1. Turn switch to HEAT for time indicated on chart.
- 2. Switch to START.
- 3. When engine starts, it may be necessary to return switch to HEAT until engine runs smoothly. Release switch.
Never switch to HEAT when the engine is warm and running.
Never operate starter for more than 30 seconds without allowing 2 minutes cooling before using again.
When Starting Fluid is Required
- 1. Turn switch to HEAT for time indicated on chart on page 18.
- 2. Turn switch to START. Spray starting fluid sparingly into precleaner while cranking.
- 3. When engine starts, it may be necessary to return switch to HEAT until engine runs smoothly.
Use starting fluid sparingly. Follow manufacturer's instructions carefully.
Starting with Boost
When using jumper cables be sure to connect in parallel: Negative (-) to negative (-) and positive (+) to positive (+).
Attach ground cable last, and remove first, to prevent sparks from occurring near the battery which could cause battery vapors to explode. Attach ground cable from booster battery to a point away from, and below, the battery on the machine to be started.