Hauling On Lowboy
Back machine onto lowboy for load balance. Set blade lengthwise under machine.
Lower all raised equipment.
Shift transmission control to NEUTRAL.
Install lean wheel locking bolt.
Apply parking brake.
Block machine and tie down to lowboy bed.
NOTE: In freezing weather make certain that cooling system is protected by anti-freeze or is drained completely.
Driving To New Location
Avoid possible trouble on the road by checking out machine before starting trip:
- 1. Check engine oil level.
- 2. Check fuel oil level.
- 3. Check engine coolant level.
- 4. Check transmission oil level.
- 5. Check tandem oil level.
- 6. Check rear axle housing oil level.
- 7. Make certain wheel brakes work properly.
- 8. Make certain steering works properly.
- 9. Make certain lights work properly.
- 10. Tires should be in good condition and properly inflated.
- 11. Clean lights and reflectors.
- 12. Clean windshield, rear glass and rear view mirror.
- 13. Have flares, safety reflectors and fire extinguisher with machine.
- 1. Obey all traffic regulations.
- 2. Stop every 50 miles for 30 minutes to inspect machine and allow machine parts to cool.
- 3. Check gauges continually - stop machine if any gauge shows abnormal reading.
- 4. When traveling long distances, lubricate machine at recommended intervals.
- 5. If it is necessary to leave machine unattended:
- a. Lower all raised equipment.
- b. Set parking brake.
- c. Shut off engine and remove disconnect key.
- d. Lock all compartments.
- e. At night, set out safety flares.
When towing remove tandem drive chains.