Hydraulic Parking or Emergency Brake (if equipped)
Release brake before moving machine. Apply brake before dismounting machine.
BRAKE CONTROL BUTTON
Manual Operation (Engine Running)
- 1. To engage brake (for parking or if service brakes fail) PULL BUTTON.
- 2. To disengage brakes PUSH BUTTON.
NOTE: Parking or emergency brakes will not disengage until hydraulic pressure is available (brake light OFF).
Automatic Operation (Engine running and brake in OFF position).
When parking or emergency brake hydraulic pressure is lost, the RED light will come on and the parking or emergency brakes will apply.
NOTE: Machine can be moved in 1st gear even if parking or emergency brakes are applied, but damage to the parking/emergency brake may result if distance is greater than a few feet.
Manual Release of Parking or Emergency Brakes
Lower equipment, stop engine and block tires securely.
- 1. Remove corks from holes "A" in the brake actuating mechanism, located on the front of the transmission.
- 2. Remove bolts "B" from storage holes.
- 3. Install bolts "B" in holes "A" until a solid resistance is felt (brake spring fully compressed).
NOTE: Install new corks in holes "A" after brakes are serviced. Install bolts "B" back in storage holes.
NOTE: With the engine running and the brake control in the ON position or with the engine stopped, the brake will hold the machine. If the brake does not hold the machine, see your AVSpare dealer.