(18)Engine Crankcase And Flywheel Clutch (140 only) Change Oil and Filter Element
- 1. Oil should be warm, machine level and engine stopped. Remove crankcase filler plug and drain plug. Allow oil to drain.
- 2. Open clutch compartment drain valve. Allow oil to drain.
- 3. Remove filter drain plug. Allow oil to drain.
- 4. Loosen filter housing bolt and remove housing and filter.
- 5. Clean filter housing, base and drain plug. Install new element in housing.
- 6. Install new O-ring seal. Install housing and element on base. Install plug.
- 7. Clean and install crankcase drain plug.
- 8. Close clutch compartment valve.
- 9. Fill crankcase to Full on engine stopped side of gauge (refill capacity on page 44).
- 10. Install filler plug. Run engine for 2 minutes. Check oil with engine running. Maintain level to FULL mark on engine running side of gauge.
(19)Transmission And Rear Axle Housing
- 1. Check oil level at filler opening at rear of axle housing.
- 2. Maintain oil level to top of filler neck.
- 1. Open cover located at right of base of power control box.
- 2. Remove filler plug in top of reservoir housing.
- 3. Maintain fluid level 1/2 inch below filler opening.
(21)Rear Axle Bracket Caps
Lubricate 1 fitting in cap on each side. Total 2 fittings.
(22)Pedal Control Shaft And Engine Mount
Lubricate 4 fittings located below operator's compartment.
Lubricate 1 fitting at lower end of lever.
(24)Gear Selector Rod
Lubricate one fitting each in gear rod pivot, yoke, front socket, cross shaft bearing and rear socket bearing. Total 5 fittings.
- 1. Lubricate 1 fitting in block below operator's compartment, at right side.
- 2. Lubricate 1 fitting in each of 2 blocks at rear of engine, one on each side.
Lubricate at fitting until grease appears at relief valve.
- 1. Check condition and adjustment of fan and generator or alternator belts.
- 2. Belts should deflect 7/8inch (22 mm) under 25 lbs (11,5 kg) force. Initial installation new belts-3/4 inch (19 mm).
To adjust belts
Loosen generator or alternator mounting bolts and move in or out as required. Tighten bolts.