- 1. Oil warm, equipment lowered, engine stopped and parking brake set.
Use caution when draining oil. Personal injury may result if hot oil contacts skin.
- 2. Move controls to help relieve pressure. Remove fill cap slowly to relieve system pressure.
- 3. Remove drain opening cover and allow oil to drain.
- 4. Clean cover assembly.
- 5. Be sure cover seal is in place. Use new seal if necessary.
- 6. Install drain opening.
- 7. Remove oil filler screen lock ring. Remove screen.
- 8. Wash screen in clean solvent.
- 9. Install screen.
- 10. Install new filter element. See Item (13) on Page 16.
- 11. Fill tank to above ADD mark in sight gauge. See REFILL CAPACITIES.
- 12. Check oil several times during the first day of operation.
(25)Engine Valve Lash
Check and adjust with engine stopped.
- 1. Remove camshaft cover.
NOTE: Always turn flywheel in direction of normal rotation. Do not use starting motor to turn flywheel.
- 2. Remove timing bolt and plug.
- 3. Turn flywheel to close No. 1 exhaust and inlet valves and allow timing bolt to be installed in flywheel.
- 4. Check lash for No. 1, No. 3 and No. 5 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary. See page 24.
- 5. Check lash for No. 1, No. 2 and No. 4 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 6. Remove timing bolt.
- 7. Rotate flywheel 360° to close No. 6 exhaust and inlet valves and allow timing bolt to be installed in flywheel.
- 8. Check lash for No. 2, No. 4 and No. 6 exhaust valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 9. Check lash for No. 3, No. 5, and No. 6 inlet valves. Adjust if necessary.
- 10. Remove timing bolt from flywheel.
- 11. Install timing bolt and plug.
- 12. Install cam shaft cover.
Adjusting Valve Lash
- 1. Insert a cross point (Phillips) screwdriver in hole inside of cam follower.
- 2. Turn screwdriver clockwise to increase lash, counterclockwise to decrease lash.
(26)Front And Rear Differential And Final Drives
- 1. Position each wheel with drain plug down.
- 2. Remove final drive drain plugs and drain oil.
- 3. Remove front differential drain plug and drain oil.
- 4. Remove rear differential drain plug and drain oil.
- 5. Clean and install all drain plugs.
- 6. Position each wheel with fill plug horizontal to axle. Remove final drive fill plugs and fill to level of openings. Clean and install fill plugs.
- 7. Remove front and rear differential fill plugs and fill to level of openings.
- 8. Clean and install plugs.
- 9. Remove front breather.
- 10. Remove rear breather.
- 11. Wash in clean solvent. Oil lightly and install.
- 1. Check accumulator if brake pressure gauge shows rapid pressure loss without brake application, or if gauge needle fluctuates rapidly, with engine running.
- 2. Check accumulator when less than 5 full brake applications completely discharges accumulator, with engine stopped.
- 3. To check nitrogen precharge pressure, see your AVSpare dealer.
(28)Cooling System - Changing Antifreeze Solution
NOTE: When permanent antifreeze and water solutions are used in the cooling system, the solution should be drained and replaced every 2000 hours or yearly.
When additions of inhibitor are made to the cooling system every 500 hours or three months, it is not necessary to drain and refill yearly.
Whenever draining and refilling the cooling system, always recheck the coolant level when the engine reaches normal operating temperature.
Inhibitor contains alkali, avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- 1. Park machine on level ground, stop engine, lower equipment and apply parking brake.
- 2. Loosen filler cap slowly to relieve pressure and remove filler cap.
- 3. Open drain valve and allow coolant to drain.
- 4. Remove drain plug from engine oil cooler (if equipped).
- 5. Remove drain plug from torque converter oil cooler (if equipped).
- 6. Remove drain plug from water pump housing (if equipped).
- 7. Remove drain plug from temperature regulator housing (if equipped).
- 8. Allow any trapped coolant to drain.
- 9. Install all drain plugs.
- 10. Close drain valve.
- 11. Mix antifreeze solution to provide protection to the lowest expected ambient temperature.
- 12. Add coolant slowly, 5 U.S. gallons per minute (3.8 litres per minute) or less, to proper level.
- 13. Install radiator filler cap and start engine.
- 14. Stop engine and check level after operating for a short period.
If machine is to be stored in, or shipped to an area with below freezing temperatures, the cooling system must be drained completely or protected to lowest expected ambient temperature.
(29)Steering Gear Sector Housing
- 1. Remove plug.
- 2. Maintain oil level to bottom of filler plug opening.
- 3. Install plug.