Checking Calibration Of The Cross Slope Sensor`
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER [KEBU0601]
NOTE: THE CROSS SLOPE SENSOR IS A PRECISION INSTRUMENT THAT IS ACCURATELY CALIBRATED AT THE FACTORY. DO NOT ADJUST OR CHANGE THE POSITION OF THE POINTER, THE ADJUSTMENT GUIDE BLOCK, THE ADJUSTMENT SHAFT BEARINGS OR THE BELT THAT EXTENDS FROM THE ADJUSTMENT SHAFT TO THE SLOPE INDIAVSOR. IF NECESSARY, ADJUST BELT TENSION BY MOVING THE INDIAVSOR SUPPORT BRACKET. DO NOT MOVE THE ADJUSTMENT SHAFT BEARINGS.
The cross slope sensor is accurately calibrated to the cutter before the machine leaves the factory and will not normally require any further adjustment. If the machine is not cutting to the slope set in the slope indicator, the calibration of the cross slope sensor can be checked as follows:
- 1. Check the cutter bits for even wear. If the bits are not evenly worn, replace all bits.
- 2. Position the machine on a level slab.
- 3. Set the slope indicator to "O", the right side elevation lever to "Auto" and the right side elevation automatic mode selector lever to "Slope".
- 4. Start the engine and set the cutter to rotate slowly.
- 5. Use the left front and left rear elevation control levers to manually lower the mainframe evenly until the cutter bits on the left end of the cutter are just contacting the slab and the mainframe is level fore and aft. If the cutter bits are all just contacting the slab, the cutter is level. Proceed with normal operation of the machine.
- 6. If the cutter is not level, check the alignment of the pointer on the pendulum assembly and the line on the adjustment guide block. Turn the slope handwheel as necessary to align the pointer and the line.
- 7. Check to see if the slope indicator is on "O". If not, loosen the slope indicator mounting bracket, hold the pendulum shaft so it will not turn, remove the belt from the pulleys and then turn the slope indicator shaft to set the slope indicator at "O". Replace the belt, slide the mounting bracket down to tighten the belt, then tighten the nuts.
- 8. Repeat steps 1 through 5.
- 9. If the cutter still is not level, turn the slope selector in the direction needed to level the cutter and repeat steps 1 through 5. Repeat until the cutter is level. DO NOT MOVE THE SLOPE SELECTOR ONCE THE CUTTER IS LEVEL.
- 10. Place an 8-inch mechanic's level on top of the adjustment guide block and parallel to the adjustment shaft.
- 11. Move the nuts up or down on the threaded shafts as necessary to level the adjustment guide block, tighten the nuts and recheck the level of the guide block.
- 12. Set the slope indicator to "O" and repeat steps 1 through 5.
- 13. Recheck the level of the adjustment guide block. Both the cutter and the adjustment guide block should be level. If not, repeat steps 9 through 11.
- 14. Proceed with normal operation of the machine. If the machine does not cut Slope Right or Slope Left according to the slope indicator, see "Calibrating the Cross Slope Sensor" in the Maintenance Manual.
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER During Operation
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Starting Operation
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Preparing The Machine For Operation
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Starting Procedure
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER General
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Auxiliary System
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Engine And Propulsion
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Hydra-Mation System
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Hydrostatic Transmissions
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Machine Components
PR-105 PAVEMENT PROFILER 1000 Hour Or Annual Service
PR-105 PAVEMENT PROFILER 500 Hour Service
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER Daily Or 10 Hour Service
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER 50 Hour Service
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER 250 Hour Service
PR-275 PAVEMENT PROFILER 1000 Hour Or Annual Service
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Safety
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Be Sure Everyone Survives Your Operation!
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER If The Machine Is Serviced Well, It Will Provide Safe And Efficient Operation!
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER General Description
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Machine Components
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Track Drive Hydrostatic Transmission
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Hydra-Mation System
PR-450 PAVEMENT PROFILER Compressed Air System