Forward and reverse travel of the machine are controlled by the engine B (AVSpare 3208) throttle, the travel control and the overdrive selectors. Travel speeds of up to 176 feet per minute are possible with the overdrive selectors at "On".
DO NOT USE MAXIMUM SPEED FOR MORE THAN 1 MILE OR THE TRACK DRIVE SYSTEM MAY BE DAMAGED.
Engine A (AVSpare 3412) does not have to be running for machine travel. If the machine is being moved a short distance to begin operation, however, it may be desirable to have engine A running so that it will be warmed up when the operation starting point is reached.
BE SURE ALL PERSONNEL ARE CLEAR OF THE MACHINE BEFORE MOVING IT. SOUND THE HORN FOR SEVERAL SECONDS BEFORE MOVING, TO WARN ANY UNOBSERVED PERSONNEL.
- 1. Raise the mainframe evenly so the cutter and moldboard will clear any obstructions.
- 2. Set the engine B throttle at full "Increase".
- 3. Check that the track pressure is at zero (0). Use the travel control to adjust the pressure, if necessary.
BE SURE THE TRACK PRESSURE IS AT ZERO (0) BEFORE MOVING THE EMERGENCY AND PARK BRAKE CONTROL TO "OFF" OR THE MACHINE WILL LUNGE FORWARD OR BACKWARD.
- 4. Sound the horn for several seconds.
- 5. Move the emergency and park brake control to "Off".
- 6. Use either travel control to obtain the travel speed and direction of travel desired. Use either steering control to steer the machine.
DO NOT CHANGE THE TRAVEL CONTROL FROM ONE TRAVEL DIRECTION TO THE OTHER WITHOUT BRINGING THE MACHINE TO A COMPLETE STOP FIRST, OR DAMAGE MAY RESULT.
WHEN TRAVELING ON INCLINES OF MORE THAN 8%, THE OVERDRIVE CONTROLS MUST BE AT "OFF". STAY NEAR THE EMERGENCY AND PARK BRAKE CONTROL. THE CONTROL MUST BE INSTANTLY MOVED TO "ON" TO PREVENT A "RUNAWAY" IF THE TRACK PUMP CHARGE PRESSURE FALLS BELOW THE REQUIRED LIMIT FOR CONTROL OF THE TRACK PUMP SWASHPLATE. BRACE YOURSELF FOR A "QUICK" STOP ANYTIME THE EMERGENCY AND PARK BRAKE CONTROL IS MOVED TO "ON" WITH THE MACHINE MOVING.
AVOID GRADES WHERE TRACK PRESSURES ABOVE 3500 PSI ARE REQUIRED.
- 7. Return the travel control to "N" (neutral) to stop the machine.