1. Engine Remote Stop Switch - when pushed down, the switch will "Kill" the engine.
2. Engine Speed Switch - selects "Fast" or "Slow" engine speed. This switch should always be at "Fast" when operating the machine.
3. Differential Lock Switch - locks the differential ("Lock" position) for paving operation. The switch should be at "Off" for roading operation.
4. Speed Range Switch - shifts the transmission to one of the four speed ranges.
NOTE: THERE ARE NO RESTRICTIONS ON SHIFTING UP OR DOWN WHILE THE MACHINE IS IN MOTION, EXCEPT WHEN DOWN SHIFTING FROM SPEED RANGE 3 TO 2. THE MACHINE MUST BE BROUGHT TO A COMPLETE STOP BEFORE THE SYSTEM WILL SHIFT FROM SPEED RANGE 3 TO 2.
5. Power Switch - activates or deactivates the machine wheel drive, conveyor drives and screed vibrator drive, thus providing a single switch to stop operation of all four drive systems. If the power switch is moved to the "Stop" position to stop the machine and then returned to "Run", all four drive systems will resume operation at the speed set with the normal controls.
6. Park Brake Switch - when the switch is in the "Off" position, the park brake is disengaged and all machine systems function normally. When the switch is in the "On" position, the brakes are engaged and the power switches are deactivated, which sets the hydrostatic drive system (ground drive, conveyor and vibrators) at neutral. The machine cannot be moved as long as the park brake switch is at "On". The conveyors can be operated from the left control panel by moving the conveyor switches to "Overdrive" but only if the power switch is in the "Stop" position.
7. Hopper Switch - raises and lowers the hopper wings to empty the hopper onto the drag conveyors.
8. Travel Speed Control - controls machine travel speed by adjusting the wheel drive pump swashplate angle.
REMOVE EITHER THE TOW POINT PINS OR THE TOW POINT CYLINDER PINS BEFORE RAISING THE SCREED OR DAMAGE MAY RESULT. SEE PAGE 4-5.
9. Screed Switch - activates the screed elevation cylinders to raise the screed for "roading" or to lower the screed for paving. The switch must be kept in the "Lower" position for paving to be certain that the cylinder rods will not interfere with the paving operation.
10. Compactor Switch - controls the screed vibrators. In the "Off" position the vibrators will not operate. In the "On" position the vibrators will operate at the speed set with the vibrator speed control knob unless the power switch is in the "Stop" position. The "Override" position of the compactor switch bypasses the power switch so that operation of the vibrators can be checked out and/or adjusted with the power switch in the "Stop" position.
11. Hitch Switch - opens and closes the optional "Quick Hitch" if one is installed.
12. Right Feeder Switch - controls the right drag conveyor and screw conveyor as a unit. When the switch is in the "Off" position, the right conveyors will not operate. In the "On" position, the right conveyors operate in response to the automatic feeder control system, but only if the power switch is in the "Go" position (see page 3-2). The "Override" position bypasses both the power switch in the "Stop" position and the automatic feeder control system to operate the conveyors at maximum capacity. This provides a way to check out conveyor operation before starting, a way to charge the conveyors for start-off, and a way to temporarily increase the amount of asphalt mix being fed to the screed during a paving operation.
13. Left Feeder Switch - same function as the right feeder switch, but for the left drag conveyor and screw conveyor.
14. Foot Brake Pedal - applies the brake and at the same time disengages the ground drive. When the brake pedal is released, the brake is disengaged and at the same time the ground drive will resume operation at the speed set with the normal controls.
15. Screed Lift Safety Links - mechanically lock the screed in the raised position. The links should be engaged anytime the machine is roaded or work is being performed under the screed.