When the Windrow Elevator is shipped from the factory, a hitch plate is connected to the rear of the Elevator. To attach the hitch plate to an asphalt paver:
- 1. Position the Windrow Elevator and asphalt paver on a level slab or grade with the Windrow Elevator in front of the paver.
THE WINDROW ELEVATOR HAS NO BRAKING SYSTEM OF ITS OWN AND COULD CAUSE PERSONAL INJURY IF IT MOVED UNEXPECTEDLY. ALWAYS BLOCK THE WHEELS WHEN PARKING THE MACHINE.
- 2. Raise the tow bar and bolt it in position.
- 3. Remove the two one-inch (2.54 cm) bolts from rear wheel casters and extend the front wheels to the maximum width.
- 4. Spread the wing extensions.
- 5. Position the hydraulic valve handle at "Lower", then engage the hydraulic pump. When the wings, extensions and bottom blade are all resting on the ground, shut the electric pump off.
- 6. Raise the hitch plate and move the paver against it. Be sure the Elevator is centered on the paver and then mark the location of the hitch plate on the paver cross beam.
- 7. Back the paver away and disconnect the hitch plate from the Elevator. Weld the plate in the position marked or drill holes and bolt the plate in position.
- 8. Move the paver forward until the lugs are aligned on each side of the slotted plates on the Elevator and then install the pins.
If the paver cross beam has a swivel pin that will be covered by the hitch plate, cut a hole in the plate to provide access to the pin.