IN FREEZING WEATHER PLACE BOARDS UNDER THE WHEELS AND THE SCREED SO THE WHEELS AND SCREED WILL NOT FREEZE TO THE GROUND.
To shut the machine down:
- 1. Set the speed selection controls at "Slow", "Lo" and "Pave".
- 2. Set the power switch at "Stop".
- 3. Set the park brake switch at "On".
- 4. Lower the screed to the ground and the hopper wings to their low point.
- 5. Set all function switches at "Off".
- 6. Set the engine at low idle.
STOPPING THE ENGINE IMMEDIATELY AFTER IT HAS BEEN UNDER LOAD CAN RESULT IN OVERHEATING AND ACCELERATED WEAR OF THE ENGINE COMPONENTS. FOLLOW THE STOPPING PROCEDURE OUTLINED BELOW, TO ALLOW THE ENGINE TO COOL.
- 7. Operate the engine at low idle, with no load, for five minutes.
- 8. Stop the engine by turning the start switch to "Off" then turn the ignition key switch to "Off".
- 9. If the machine is to be left idle for a long time, set the battery disconnect switch at "Off".
ALWAYS SHUT THE ENGINE DOWN AS DESCRIBED ABOVE AND REMOVE THE KEY BEFORE LEAVING THE MACHINE.