Personal injury or death can result from not engaging the parking brake.
If the parking brake is not engaged, the machine may roll while personnel are on or near the machine.
Always engage the parking brake before leaving the machine.
No clearance for person in operator's station access area when machine turns. Severe injury or death from crushing could occur.
Engage transmission/primary steering lock before leaving the operator's station.
Do not engage the parking brake while the machine is moving unless the service brakes fail. The use of the parking brake as a service brake in regular operation will cause severe damage to the parking brake.
- Park the machine on a level surface. If it is necessary to park on a grade, block the wheels.
- Release throttle pedal (2). Depress service brake pedal (1) in order to stop the machine.
- On STIC steering machines, move transmission direction control switch (4) to the NEUTRAL position. Move steering and transmission lock lever (3) to the LOCKED position.
- On wheel steering machines, move transmission direction and speed control lever (6) to the NEUTRAL position. Press the right side of switch (5) to engage the transmission neutral lock.
- Move parking brake control (7) to the ON position in order to engage the parking brake.
- Lower the bucket to the ground and apply a slight downward pressure.