- Lift protective cover (2). Push up and hold the engine start switch until the starter engages and starts the engine. Release the start switch when the engine starts. Do not crank for longer than twenty seconds at a time.
- Disengage the parking brake by moving park brake switch (3) down to the OFF position (brakes disengaged).
- Switch the lights ON if required and raise the bucket to the carry position, approximately 400 mm (15 inch) above the ground.
- There are two types of remote control systems.
Direct System - Move motion control lever (1) to the desired direction and depress either full or part throttle to move the machine. The machine has to be in forward or reverse and either part or full throttle positions selected before the brakes will release. Release the motion control lever to apply the brakes.
Proportional System - Move motion control lever (1) to the desired direction. The further the motion control lever is moved, the more the engine RPM will increase. The brakes will release when the motion control lever is moved from the center position. Release the motion control lever to apply the brakes.
- Red light (4) on the engine hood of the machine will go out when the brakes are released with the motion control lever.
- The machine can now be operated on remote control from the transmitter.
Do not operate the machine if the amber light remains ON. This indicates the machine has either low brake oil pressure or the brakes are applied. Driving the machine with the brakes applied for an extended period can cause severe damage to the braking system.