PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE EMISSIONS LABEL AND CORRECTING THE FLS SETTING ON CERTAIN C18 GENERATOR SETS
AVSpare’s obligations under this Service Letter are subject to, and shall not apply in contravention of, the laws, rules, regulations, directives, ordinances, orders, or statutes of the United States, or of any other applicable jurisdiction, without recourse or liability with respect to AVSpare.
This Program must be administered as soon as possible. When reporting the repair, use "PI33113" as the Part Number and "7751" as the Group Number, "56" as the Warranty Claim Description Code and "T" as the SIMS Description code. Exception: If the repair is done after failure, use "PI33113" as the Part Number, "7751" as the Group Number, "96" as the Warranty Claim Description Code, and "Z" as the SIMS Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program. Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your AVSpare product analyst.
|The existing emissions data label is incorrect and the existing FLS values are incorrect on certain C18 Generator Sets.|
|C18||T3400643, 647, 678-680, 684, 686, 692, 695-696, 698-703, 708-709, 712-713, 715-718, 720, 728, 730-731, 735, 742, 750, 756, 762, 765, 774, 780, 783, 796|
|In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 45% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
|Refer to the service manual if/as needed. Refer to the attached Rework Procedure.|
|Owners in the following countries will receive the attached Owner Notification:
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
|NOTE: This is a 2.0-hour job|
|Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.|
|MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO COMPLETE THIS PROGRAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.|
|EXAMPLE COPY OF OWNER NOTIFIAVSION
3240 Arrow Drive
Anywhere, YZ 99999
PRIORITY - PRODUCT IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM FOR REPLACING THE EMISSIONS LABEL AND CORRECTING THE FLS SETTING
MODELS INVOLVED - CERTAIN C18 GENERATOR SETS
Dear Cat Product Owner:
The Emissions Data Label needs to be replaced on the products listed below. The existing Emissions Data Label is incorrect. You will not be charged for the service performed.
Contact your local Cat dealer immediately to schedule this service. The dealer will advise you of the time required to complete this service.
If you are no longer the owner of this product(s), please contact your local Cat dealer so that our records can be updated. Please refer the dealer to their Service Letter dated 12Dec2019 when scheduling this service.
We regret the inconvenience this may cause you, and urge you to have this service performed as soon as possible to prevent unscheduled downtime.
Attached to 12Dec2019 Service Letter
|Obtain new label before updating engine ECM file.
1. Begin at the SISWEB homepage (https://sis.cat.com) under Additional Service Information. If necessary, click on View More to find Engine Technical Marketing Information - TMI Web.
2. Select the Engine Technical Marketing Information ? TMI link.
3. Once in TMI, input the serial number of the engine into the reference number box and select ?serial number? in the drop-down menu.
4. Press the ?Retrieve Data? button.
5. Select the ?Emissions Data? link.
6. For Emissions / Certification feedback and questions, please submit a ticket via our ERC Request Portal. Conforming Labeling Requests. NOTE: First time users may need to create an account.
7. Select Rerate/Power Change Request.
8. Complete Rerate/Power Request form.
9. Enter "New" FLS/FTS values shown in table below (Image 1.2.1 and Image 1.2.2) under new FLS/FTS section of the Rerate/Power Request form.
10. Select ?Certification Label? as requested label type. Refer to Image 1.1.1.
11. Include Priority Program number in ?Service Letter Number? field. Refer to Image 1.1.2.
NOTE: It is very important to have the engine serial number field completed with the correct information.
|Update engine ECM file with the new FLS value per Image 1.2.1 and Image 1.2.1.|