After Failure Only
PRODUCT SUPPORT PROGRAM FOR REWORKING THE BAFFLE GROUP ON CERTAIN 140GC MOTOR GRADERS
AVSpare’s obligations under this Service Letter are subject to, and shall not apply in contravention of, the laws, rules, regulations, directives, ordinances, orders, or statutes of the United States, or of any other applicable jurisdiction, without recourse or liability with respect to AVSpare.
This Program can only be administered after a failure occurs. The decision whether to apply the Program is made by the dealer. When reporting the repair, use "PS54316" as the Part Number and "7755" as the Group Number. Use "96" as the Warranty Claim Description Code and use "Z" as the SIMS Description Code.
The information supplied in this service letter may not be valid after the termination date of this program. Do not perform the work outlined in this Service Letter after the termination date without first contacting your AVSpare product analyst.
|The existing baffle group can break and fall off on certain 140GC Motor Graders. If the existing baffle group fails, it can cause the machine to overheat.|
|140 GC||W9200108-00113, 200-206, 300-419|
|In order to allow equitable parts availability to all participating dealers, please limit your initial parts order to not exceed 1% of dealership population. This is an initial order recommendation only, and the ultimate responsibility for ordering the total number of parts needed to satisfy the program lies with the dealer.
|Refer to the attached Rework Procedure.|
SERVICE CLAIM ALLOWANCES
|NOTE: This is a 2.0-hour job|
|Handle the parts in accordance with your Warranty Bulletin on warranty parts handling.|
|Preparation for Rework Procedure:
- Position the machine on a smooth level surface that can support the weight of the machine.
- Activate the parking brake, lower all work tools to the ground. Turn the key switch OFF.
- Perform the "Lockout Tag Out" procedure by attaching a warning tag to the machine controls.
Refer to Image1.1.1 for the bottom baffle location.
|1. Remove four existing 8T-4648 Bolts and 7X-0618 Washers (A). Refer to Image1.2.1.
(B) 539-5617 Rear Panel and 539-5005 Grill
|2. Disconnect three existing 155-2269 and 155-2264 Connectors (C). Refer back to Image1.2.1 and then Image1.3.1.
3. Remove existing 539-5617 Rear Panel and 539-5005 Grill (B).
|4. Disconnect hydraulic hose 565-1966 Coupling, 535-7201 Coupling, and 535-7204 Coupling (D). Refer to Image1.4.1.
5. Remove existing 518-2309 Bolts, 6D-4244 and 541-6377 Clips (E).
6. Drain the hydraulic oil into a clean container, and install temporary plugs to keep the hoses clean.
|7. Remove the two existing 6V-7357 Bolts and 9X-8256 Washers (F). Refer to Image1.5.1.
8. Remove existing 521-1059 Baffle (G).
|9. Assemble new 586-4604 Baffle (1) between new 586-4607 Plate Assembly (2) and 586-4606 Plates (3). Refer to Image1.6.1.
10. Install four new 6V-7357 Bolts (4) and 9X-8256 Washers (5). Tighten 6V-7357 Bolts (4) to a specified torque of 2 +/- 0.5 N.m.
|11. Install two 5C-9553 Bolts (6) and 9X-2038 Washers (7). Tighten 5C-9553 Bolts (6) to a specified torque of 2 +/- 0.5 N.m. Refer to Image1.7.1.
12. Install two new 6V-7357 Bolts (8), two 9X-8256 Washers (9) up and two 9X-2038 Washers (10) down, and 344-5673 Nuts (11). Tighten the 6V-7357 Bolts to a specified torque of 2 +/- 0.5 N.m.
|13. Install new 586-4604 Baffle (1) with two new 6V-7357 Bolts (12) and two 9X-8256 Washers (13). Tighten 6V-7357 Bolts (12) to a specified torque of 2 +/- 0.5 N.m. Refer to Image1.8.1.|
|14. Reconnect existing hydraulic hose 565-1966 Coupling (G), 535-7201 Coupling (H), 535-7204 Coupling (J). Refer to Image1.9.1.
- Tighten 565-1966 Coupling (G) to a specified torque of 55 +/- 8 .m.
- Tighten 535-7201 Coupling (H) and 535-7204 Coupling (J) to a specified torque of 220 +/- 33 N.m.
15. Reinstall existing 518-2309 Bolts, 6D-4244 Clips, and 541-6637 Clips (E). Tighten the 518-2309 Bolts to a specified torque of 55 +/- 10 N.m.
|16. Reconnect three existing 155-2269 and 155-2264 Connectors (C). Reinstall the existing 539-5617 Rear Panel and 539-5005 Grill (B). Refer to Image1.10.1 and 1.11.1.|
|17. Reinstall four 8T-4648 Bolts and 7X-0618 Washers (A). Tighten the 8T-4648 Bolts to a specified torque of 100 +/- 20 N.m. Refer to Image1.11.1.|
|18. Start the engine for several minutes to check the hydraulic oil level through Gauge Sight (K) on the left side of the machine, refill the hydraulic oil from hydraulic cover (L). Refer to Image1.12.1. Refer to the Operation and Maintenance Manual for additional information, if needed.|