TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN
July 9, 2003
725 (AFX), 730 (AGF)
Component Code(s) 3159
SUBJECT: Installing the New 233-9579 Suction Hose May Cause Cracking of the Output Transfer Gear Case
A service magazine article was published on June 6, 2003 (SEPD0686) that describes a change to the suction hose for the Output Transfer Gears. The article was titled "New Suction Hose for the Output Transfer Gear Offers Improved Reliability". This article should not be applied for two reasons:
1. The output transfer gear case on machine serial numbers AFX1-427 and AGF1-449 had a 1-inch suction port. The new 233-9579 Hose will not work with these machines.
2. On current machines that have the 233-9579 Hose installed at the factory, the output transfer gear case can crack around the M12 holes that are used to secure the hose to the face of the case. The former 192-1747 Hose was secured to the face of the case via a one-piece flange. It is thought that the flange provided enough additional stiffening to prevent cracking.
- If you are working on serial numbers AFX1-427 or AGF1-449, repair with the former 192-1747 Hose.
- If you have already successfully applied the service magazine article, do nothing except check the repair at the next routine inspection.
- If you have not applied the service magazine article, do not attempt to install the new hose. Repair with the former 192-1747 Hose until the issue is resolved.
- In the unlikely event that you need to repair a machine that already has the 233-9579 Hose, repair with the 192-1747 Hose and a 212-9963 Flange. The flange adapts the old hose to the case. Machine serial numbers AFX891-Up and AGF827-Up are equipped with the 233-9579 Hose.
The service magazine article has been removed from SISWEB.
Parts Department is procuring stock of the 192-1747 Hose as quickly as possible.
Stock of the 233-9579 Hose has been frozen until the issue is resolved.
COPYRIGHT 2003 AVSpare
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED