TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN
October 27, 2004
SKID STEER LOADER
Component Code 1901
SUBJECT: MISSING OIL CAPS ON SKID STEER LOADER AND MULTITERRAIN LOADERS.
Oil caps on some Skid Steer Loaders and Multiterrain Loaders are popping off. The SOV valve is sticking which causes increased crankcase pressure. When the crankcase has too much pressure the oil caps are popping off.
The SOV valve needs to be replaced with a 249-9275 straight tube. Use the following procedure to replace the SOV valve with the straight tube.
The tools and parts needed for this procedure are as follows:
- 5/16 nut driver (1)
- The 249-9275 tube (2)
- A thin bladed flathead screwdriver (3)
- The 2S-3440 clamp (4)
- Using the 5/16 nut driver, loosen the upper clamp (5). Slide the clamp up and out of the way.
- Remove the lower banded clamp (7).
- Remove the SOV valve (6).
- Install the 249-9275 Tube into the top hose.
- Install the tube (2) into the elbow (9).
- Install the 2S-3440 Clamp (8) onto the elbow.
- Tighten both the upper clamp and the lower clamp to 7.5 N.m (5.5 lb ft).
This is what the final assembly should look like with the tube installed with the new lower clamp.
- 2S-3440 Clamp (4)
- 249-9275 Tube (2)
- 2S-3440 Clamp (8)
COPYRIGHT 2004 AVSpare
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED