TECHNICAL INFORMATION BULLETIN
September 1, 2004
Component Codes 1071, 1374
SUBJECT: Air Intake Tube Rubbing Hydraulic Oil Cooler Lines
The 192-4005 Fan Pump to Motor Hose Assembly and the 192-4009 Fan Pump Suction Hose Assembly are rubbing against the 190-4994 Air Intake Tube. This interference can produce a hole on the air intake tube. A failed tube can cause air intake leakage, which would result in poor engine performance.
The above problem continues to be investigated. In the interim, AVSpare suggests that the clearance be improved around the tube by using the following procedure.
1. Remove and inspect the 190-4994 Tube - Air Intake for damages.
2. From the 208-0038 Disposal Group - Fumes, remove the 2S-2053 Clip and the 202-6569 Hose from the valve.
3. From the 173-0967 Oil Cooler Lines Group, remove the 7D-7233 Clip that holds the 192-4009 Hydraulic Hose at the frame boss as indicated below.
4. Disconnect the 194?4599 Hose from the valve end. Route the 194-4599 Hose over the 192-4009 Hose and reconnect it as shown in the picture below.
5. Reinstall the 7D-7233 Clip that holds the 192-4009 Hose in the valve as shown in the picture below.
6. Rotate the 3V-0778 Bracket that holds the 202-6569 Hose. Reinstall the 2S-2053 Clip and the 202-6569 Hose at the same boss that the 7D-7233 Clip was removed, as shown in the pictures below.
7. Remove the 193-0705 Guard Group Plate from the machine.
8. From the 173-0967 Lines Group - Oil Cooler, remove four 6V-1889 Clips, one 8T-4195 Bolt, one 8T-4121 Washer and two 4H-1225 Spacers that hold the 192-4005 and the 203-7969 Hoses as indicated in the picture below.
9. Reposition two 8D-9671 Clips at the bracket?s external welded nuts and install one 5D-0718 Clip as indicated below.
10. Reinstall the 190-4994 Air Intake Tube and the 193-0705 Guard Group Plate.
COPYRIGHT 2004 AVSpare ALL RIGHTS RESERVED