Diagnostic codes are frequently referred to as fault codes or event codes. The fault codes that are provided by the EquipmentManager software provide valuable information. This information can be used to make decisions concerning the maintenance of your machine. Use the "Search Equipment" button in order to access the fault codes for your . The "Search Equipment" button is located on the EquipmentManager home screen. Select the check box (1) for the equipment from the "Equipment Summary" screen. Then, select "Fault Codes" from the "View" drop-down menu.
"Fault Codes" screen
(1) Check box
(2) "Fault Codes" link
View "Fault Code History" (Event code and Diagnostic Code)
By using Health Watch, you can view a record of all previous fault codes that were recorded through EquipmentManager software.
In order to view the "Fault Code History" screen, use the following procedure:
- From the "Fault Codes" screen, click the "Fault Codes" link (2) or the "view history details" link in the "Latest Fault Codes" column. The "Fault Code History" screen will be displayed.
- Click on the icon for the calendar next to the "Start Date" field and "End Date" field (3) . Select a date in order to indicate a time period for the history of the fault code.
"Fault Code History"
(3) "Start Date" field and "End Date" field
(4) "Fault Codes" column
(5) "Update Status" button
- Click the "Change Date Range" button. The "Fault Code History" table will be updated to using the new date range.
Note: The history of the fault code that is viewed in the EquipmentManager software will display all faults that are reported by Product Link. A machine Electronic Control Module (ECM) will automatically erase a diagnostic code after 100 hours of operation if the diagnostic code does not reappear within that period of time. If the machine ECM erases a diagnostic code automatically, the history of the fault code that is displayed by the EquipmentManager software may not match the history that is displayed by AVSpare Electronic Technician software.
"Service Information for Fault Codes (SIS Web)"
In order to view detailed information about a particular code, EquipmentManager software interfaces with Service Information System (SIS). The link to SIS will provide troubleshooting procedures in order to resolve fault codes. For this link to work, a valid subscription to SIS is required.
In order to obtain service information for specific fault codes, complete the following precedure:
- On the "Fault Code History " screen, locate the "Fault Codes" column (4) . Click on the fault code in order to view the service information for the fault code. The "Service Information for Fault Codes" screen will now display the information for your specific fault code. The troubleshooting procedure for the selected fault code will appear if there is a proper link in SIS.
- The "Service Information for Fault Codes" screen for troubleshooting will display fault codes in the left column. Click on the hyperlink that applies to your fault code. The "Service Information for Fault Codes" will appear. This screen will display information about your fault code.
"Service Information for Fault Codes" troubleshooting
- View the information in the "Information Types" and "Sections" columns. Click on the links that apply to your fault code. Click the "Close" button in order to return to the "Fault Code History" screen.
"Service Information for Fault Codes" information
"Update Status" for the Fault Code
EquipmentManager software enables you to update the status of a fault code. If the status of a fault code is updated to "Resolved", the fault code will no longer appear in the "Event Summary". The "Event Summary" screen is located on the home page. The home page may also be referred to as the Exception Dashboard.
In order to update the status of a fault code, use the following procedure:
- View the "Fault Code" screen, or the "Fault Code History" screen. Click in the check box (1) that is next to the fault code in order to update the fault code. Then, click the "Update Status" button (5) . The "Update Status" window will appear.
- In the "Update Status" field (6) , select a new status. The following table displays the different possible selections for "Update Status":
Table 1 Status     Color     Importance     Action     RED     Highest     Monitor     YELLOW     Medium     Normal     GREEN     Lowest     Resolved     --     --
Fault code "Update Status"
(6) "Update Status" field
(7) "Comments" field
- In the "Comments" field (7) , type your comments.
- Click "Save". The status of the fault code is now updated.
Note: Once the status of an event is changed to "Resolved", the event will no longer be displayed in the "Exception Dashboard".
S·O·S Service Manager Software
S·O·S alerts for fluid analysis may be provided in EquipmentManager if your dealership uses S·O·S Service Manager software in the dealership's laboratory. S·O·S alerts will be displayed in the Exception Dashboard in the "Event Summary" display.
The S·O·S Service Manager tool is a software program that is available through your dealer's web site. In order to view S·O·S details or reports for a sample, use the tool for viewing the S·O·S application on the web. Also, you may contact your AVSpare dealer's S·O·S laboratory for your results. The report from the S·O·S laboratory may be obtained from a fax or from e-mail. A paper copy of the report can be mailed as well.