Personal injury or death can result from sudden machine movement.
Sudden movement of the machine can cause injury to persons on or near the machine.
To prevent injury or death, make sure that the area around the machine is clear of personnel and obstructions before operating the machine.
The procedure will check the operation of the reversible fan.
The procedure requires two people.
Note: Use the information in the reference to prepare the machine for this test. Also, use the information in the reference to relieve any system pressure that may be present in the hydraulic system.
ReferenceFor the correct procedure to prepare the machine for this test, refer to Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting" for the machine that is being serviced.
- Place the machine on level ground.
- Open the hood for the engine compartment.
Location of the switch for the hood
- Leave the engine running.
- Place the hydraulic lockout control in the LOCKED position.
Hydraulic lockout control
- While the fan blades are in the neutral position or the suction position, depress reversing fan switch (1) .
Location of reversing fan switch
(1) Reversing fan switch
- Fan control solenoid valve (2) energizes. Fan control solenoid valve (4) will de-energize.
Location of the pilot manifold
The fan solenoids are located on the pilot manifold.
(2) Fan control solenoid valve
(3) Reversing fan control
(4) Fan control solenoid valve
- The fan blades change pitch in order to purge the radiator. The air flow will flow out of the radiator. This will remove debris from the radiator.
- Release reversing fan switch (1). Fan control solenoid valve (2) will de-energize. Fan control solenoid valve (4) will energize. The blades will return to the original position.
- Close the hood for the engine compartment.
- Shut off the engine.