Note: Perform the following procedure if a speed sensor must be replaced. The machine is equipped with two speed sensors. One speed sensor is installed in the housing of the left propulsion motor, and one speed sensor is installed in the housing of the right propulsion motor.
Personal injury or death can result from sudden machine movement.
Sudden movement of the machine can cause injury to persons on or near the machine.
To prevent injury or death, make sure that the area around the machine is clear of personnel and obstructions before operating the machine.
Injury to personnel can result if they are not in the operator's view. Allow only essential personnel near the machine, and make sure the personnel are in the operator's view when testing, to prevent injury. Make sure checks are done in an open area.
To prevent injury or death, never work under a machine while a test is being performed.
Personal injury or death can result from lifting a heavy component.
The heavy component can fall if using an incorrect hoist and/or sling or fastener to lift the load.
Be sure the hoist and other devices have the correct lifting capacity to lift a heavy component. The approximate weight of the heavy component is given below.
|AP655D Asphalt Paver with AS3251C Screed|
- Drive the machine to a smooth, horizontal surface.
Illustration 1 g01360533
- Move propulsion lever (4) to the NEUTRAL position.
- Rotate speed dial (2) to the MINIMUM position.
- Move propulsion mode switch (3) to the PAVE position.
- Move parking brake switch (1) to the ON position.
Illustration 2 g01360535
- Move screed lift switch (5) to the RAISE position. Completely lift the screed.
Illustration 3 g01360537
- Engage screed lock mechanism (6) on both sides of the machine.
- Move screed lift switch (5) to the FLOAT position. Allow the tow arms to rest on screed locks (6a).
Note: The screed lift switch on the inactive instrument panel must also be in the FLOAT position in order to lower the screed.Show/hide table
Illustration 4 g01360540
- Move throttle control switch (7) to the LOW IDLE position. Hold the switch in this position for less than 1 second.
- After the engine reaches low idle, move engine start switch (8) to the OFF position.
- Use a suitable lifting device in order to raise the machine. Use suitable support stands in order to secure the machine with both tracks off the ground.
Illustration 5 g01360543
- Remove cover (9) in order to access the speed sensor.
Illustration 6 g01391171
- Remove bolt (11) from speed sensor (10).
- Install new speed sensor (10) into the motor housing. The sensor design will maintain the required gap between the end of the sensor and gear.
- Hold speed sensor (10) and tighten bolt (11).
- Use a suitable lifting device in order to lower the machine to the ground.