|Required Tools    |
|Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|177-7861    ||Hose As    ||1    |
|6V-4143    ||Couplers    ||2    |
|8T-0859    ||Pressure Gauge    ||1    |
Personal injury or death can result from machine articulation or movement. Machine frames can move and a person can be crushed.
Connect the steering frame lock between the front and rear frames before working on the machine.
Personal injury or death can result from escaping fluid under pressure.
Escaping fluid under pressure, even a very small pin-hole size leak, can penetrate body tissue and cause serious injury and possible death. If fluid is injected into your skin, it must be treated by a doctor familiar with this type of injury.
Always use a board or cardboard when checking for a leak.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Install steering frame lock (1) so that the machine can not turn.
(1) Steering frame lock
- Remove the protective cover from pressure tap (2). Connect a hose assembly with an 8T-0859 Pressure Gauge to pressure tap (2) .
(2) Pressure tap for the steering system
- Start the engine. Operate the engine at high idle rpm with the transmission control in the NEUTRAL position.
- Turn the machine against the steering frame lock. This will cause the steering relief valve to open.
- Observe the reading on the pressure gauge while attempting to turn the machine in both directions. The reading on the pressure gauge should be 18825 ± 345 kPa (2730 ± 50 psi).
- Stop the engine.
- If the pressure reading is to specifications, proceed to Step 12. If the pressure reading is not correct, proceed to Step 8.
- Loosen locknut (3) .
Steering control valve
(4) Pressure adjusting screw
- Turn pressure adjusting screw (4) clockwise to increase the pressure setting and counterclockwise to decrease the pressure setting.
- Tighten locknut (3) .
- Repeat Steps 3 through 7.
- Remove the pressure gauge from the pressure tap. Place the protective cover on the pressure tap.
- Remove the steering frame lock.