Use caution to avoid possible personal injury when adjusting the attachment lift kickout.
Keep personnel off the machine. Clear the area when working under or around the attachment linkage.
With the attachment raised, proper support must be provided for the attachment and/or the linkage.
Sudden movement or accidental starting of the machine can cause personal injury or death to persons on or near the machine.
To prevent personal injury or death, perform the following:
Park the machine on a smooth, level surface.
Lower the work tool to the ground and engage the parking brake.
Stop the engine and remove the key.
Block the wheels and install the steering frame lock.
- Park the machine on a smooth, level surface. Park the machine away from working machines and personnel. Lower the work tools to the ground.
- Allow only one operator on the machine. Keep all personnel away from the machine or in the view of the operator.
- Engage the parking brake.
Illustration 1 g00914095 Steering Frame Lock in the LOCKED position
- Place the steering frame lock in the LOCKED position.
Reference: For more information about preparing the machine for troubleshooting, refer to the Service Manual module Testing and Adjusting, "Machine Preparation for Troubleshooting" for the machine that is being serviced.
- Press the upper half of kickout switch (on/off) (2) in order to activate the bucket positioner and the lift kickout.
- Start the engine. Raise the work tool to the desired height for the lift kickout and turn the engine start switch to the OFF position.
Illustration 3 g00495490 (1) Control group. (2) Bolts. (3) Magnet assembly. (4) Nuts.
- Loosen nuts (4). Adjust control group (1) so that the lower edge of magnet (3) is even with the center of control group (1).
- Tighten nuts (4).
- Loosen bolts (2). Adjust switch assembly (1) so that the face is
8 ± 2 mm (.32 ± .08 inch)away from magnet (3).
- Tighten bolts (2).
- To check the adjustment, start the engine. Move the lift control lever to the RAISE detent position.
When the work tool reaches the adjusted height, the lift control lever should return to the HOLD position.
- If the kickout position is not correct, perform Step 2 through Step 7.
(1) Bucket/forks switch. (2) Kickout switch (on/off).