Use caution to avoid possible personal injury when adjusting the lift arm positioner.
Stop the engine and lower all equipment to relieve hydraulic pressure.
Engage the parking brake and block the tires to prevent sudden movement of the machine.
Keep unauthorized personnel off the machine.
- Move lift arm positioner switch (1) to the ON position.
- With the engine running, move joystick control lever (2) to the TILT BACK position until the bucket is fully tilted back.
- Raise the lift arms to the maximum height. Move the joystick control lever to the FLOAT position. The lift arm positioner should bring the lift arms and the bucket to a controlled stop at the correct height for digging.
Illustration 2 g00918854
- Illustration 2 shows the correct setup height. Dimension (A) should be
220 ± 25 mm (8.7 ± 1.0 inch). Illustration 3 g00918857 (3) Magnetic switch
- If dimension (A) is greater than
245 mm (9.6 inch), adjust magnetic switch (3) downwards. If dimension (A) is less than 195 mm (7.7 inch), adjust the magnetic switch upwards.
- To adjust magnetic switch (3), loosen two bolts (4) that fasten the switch to the frame and move the switch to the desired position. Tighten two bolts (4).
- Repeat Steps 3 through 6 until dimension (A) is correct.
Illustration 4 g00918858
- To check the final setup height, repeat Step 3. Tilt the bucket forward until the cutting edge of the bucket touches the ground. The bucket should be in the digging position, as shown in Illustration 4. A final adjustment may be necessary to obtain the correct digging position.
- Finally, tighten two bolts (4) to a torque of
47 ± 9 N·m (35 ± 7 lb ft).
(1) Lift arm positioner switch
(2) Joystick control lever