Conditions Which Generate This Code:
The Electronic Control Module (ECM) detects a fault with the engine's coolant temperature. The ECM detects the following faults:
- The engine has been running for more than 185 seconds.
- The trip point for the event code for the temperature of the engine coolant is reached.
- Diagnostic code 0110-03 Engine Coolant Temperature voltage above normal is not active.
- Diagnostic code 0110-04 Engine Coolant Temperature voltage below normal is not active.
- Diagnostic code 0168-01 Electrical System voltage low is not active.
|Engine Coolant Trip Level Table|
|Delay to Activation||10 seconds||10 seconds||2 seconds|
|Reset Time||4 seconds||20 seconds||20 seconds|
The event code will be logged.
The warning lamp will come on.
The warning lamp will be on and the action lamp will come on.
The warning lamp and the action lamp will be on and the action alarm will sound.
Possible Performance Effect:
The ECM will derate the power. The power will be derated at one percent per second.
The engine will be derated.
Test Step 1.
Refer to Troubleshooting, "Coolant Temperature Is Too High".
- OK - STOP