- Remove the cowling. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Cowling (Radiator) - Remove and Install".
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on all harness assemblies, and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and all tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss, and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
At operating temperature, the hydraulic tank is hot and under pressure.
Hot oil and components can cause personal injury. Do not allow hot oil or components to contact skin.
Remove the filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand. Remove the filler cap slowly in order to relieve pressure.
- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "System Pressure - Release".
- Disconnect hose assemblies (1). Remove the nut and bolt (3) .
- Remove bolts (4). Remove metering pump (2) .
Note: Use an additional person in order to support metering pump (2) during removal.
- Remove bolts (5) and plate (6) .
- Remove mounts (7) .
- Remove washers (8). Remove adapter (9) .
- Remove shim (10) .
|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||161-9203    ||Grease Cartridge    ||-    |
|B    ||3S-6252    ||Sealant    ||-    |
- Install shim (10). Apply Tooling (A) to the spline.
- Install adapter (9). Install washers (8) .
- Install mounts (7) .
- Install plate (6) and bolts (5). Apply Tooling (B ) to the adapter in order to seal the cab.
- Use an additional person in order to support metering pump (2) during installation. Position metering pump (2). Install bolts (4).
Note: Make sure that the universal joint has a minimum clearance of 1.5 mm (0.0591 inch) from cab frame in order to prevent a binding when the machine is being steered.
Note: Apply Tooling (B ) to the adapter in order to seal the cab.
- Install the nut and bolt (3). Connect hose (1) .
End By: Install the cowling. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Cowling (Radiator) - Remove and Install".