|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Note: The drive chains are reusable. If one of the drive chains is damaged, then both of the drive chains must be replaced. If the drive chains are replaced, ensure that the tandem housing is clean and free of contaminants.
- Use a suitable lifting device to install drive chain (10). The weight of drive chain (10) is approximately
40 kg (90 lb). Illustration 2 g01389655
- Use Tooling (C) to connect master link (9). Install cotter pins (8).
Note: The links should not be in adjacent tooth spaces on the sprocket when the links pass on the center sprocket, or interference may result.
Illustration 3 g01389312
- Install a new gasket (7), cover (6), and bolts (5). Tighten bolts (5) to a torque of
27 ± 7 N·m (20 ± 5 lb ft). Install a new gasket (4), cover (3), and bolts (2). Tighten bolts (2) to a torque of 27 ± 7 N·m (20 ± 5 lb ft). Illustration 4 g01389308
- Install walkways (1).
Illustration 5 g06275129 Typical example Illustration 6 g06275133 Typical example
- Use Tooling (B) to lower the rear of the machine. Remove Tooling (B). Refer to Tool Operating Manual , NEHS1303 for more information on Tooling (B).
Illustration 7 g01389301
- Remove Tooling (A) from the front wheels.
- Fill the tandem housing with oil. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Tandem Drive Oil - Change".
- Install the drive shaft.