|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
- Remove the drive shaft.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Use Tooling (A) to chock the front wheels.
Illustration 2 g06275129 Typical example Illustration 3 g06275133 Typical example
- Position Tooling (B) as shown in Illustration 2. Raise the rear of the machine until the rear wheels are off the ground. Refer to Tool Operating Manual , NEHS1303 for more information on Tooling (B).
- Drain the oil from the tandem housing into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Tandem Drive Oil - Change".
Illustration 4 g01389308
- Remove walkways (1).
Illustration 5 g01389312
- Remove bolts (2) to remove cover (3) and gasket (4). Discard gasket (4). Remove bolts (5) to remove cover (6) and gasket (7). Discard gasket (7).
Illustration 6 g01389655
- Install Tooling (C). Remove cotter pins (8). Disconnect master link (9).
Illustration 7 g01389657
- Use a suitable lifting device to remove drive chain (10). The weight of drive chain (10) is approximately
40 kg (90 lb).
- Repeat Step 7 for the remaining drive chains.