|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||138-7574    ||Link Bracket    ||2    |
|B    ||138-7576    ||Link Bracket    ||1    |
- Remove the rear wheels and tires. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Wheel and Tire (Rear) - Remove and Install".
- Remove the drive chain. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Drive Chain - Remove".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "System Pressure - Release".
- Remove guard (1) .
- Remove tube assembly (2) .
- Attach Tooling (A) , Tooling (B) , and a suitable lifting device onto wheel spindle (3) . The weight of wheel spindle (3) is approximately 322 kg (710 lb).
- Remove bolts (4) in order to remove wheel spindle (3) .
- Repeat this procedure for the remaining wheel spindles.