Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, hoses, and tubes. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Remove plug (1) and drain filter (2) into a suitable container for storage or disposal.
- Remove filter housing (2).
Illustration 2 g01389908
- Remove filter element (3) from filter housing (2).
Illustration 3 g01389911
- Disconnect hose assembly (4). Disconnect hose assembly (5).
Illustration 4 g01389915
- Remove bolts (6) in order to remove transmission oil filter base (7).
Illustration 5 g01389916
- Remove O-ring seal (8).
Illustration 6 g01389920
- Remove bolts (9). Remove mounting bracket (10).