|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, hoses, and tubes. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
Note: Inspect the O-ring seals. Replace O-ring seals that are worn or damaged.
- Drain the hydraulic oil into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic System Oil - Change".
- Drain the engine coolant into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant (ELC) - Change".
Illustration 1 g01390102
- Remove panels (1).
Illustration 2 g01390103
- Disconnect hose (2).
Illustration 3 g01390106
- Remove clamps (3).
Illustration 4 g01390107
- Disconnect elbow (4). Remove tube (5).
Illustration 5 g01390112
- Disconnect hose assembly (6). Disconnect tube assembly (7). Disconnect hose assemblies (8).
Illustration 6 g01390120
- Remove elbow (9).
Illustration 7 g01390185
- Remove bracket (10).
Illustration 8 g01390188
- Remove bracket (11).
Illustration 9 g01390197 Illustration 10 g01390200
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device onto transmission oil cooler (12). The weight of transmission oil cooler (12) is approximately
30 kg (66 lb). Remove bolts (13) and bolts (14). Remove transmission oil cooler (12). Illustration 11 g01390202
- Remove coupling (15). Remove O-ring seal (16).
Illustration 12 g01390204
- Remove O-ring seals (17).