|Required Tools    |
|Tools    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||6V-6146    ||Load Leveling Beam    ||1    |
|B    ||6V-2082    ||Lifting Hook    ||1    |
|C    ||138-7575    ||Link Bracket    ||2    |
|D    ||180-3032    ||Jack Stand Gp    ||2    |
- Remove the rollover protective structure (ROPS). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Rollover Protective Structure (ROPS) - Remove and Install".
- Remove the drum scraper. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Drum Scraper - Remove and Install".
- Remove the gear motor (vibratory). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Gear Motor (Vibratory) - Remove".
Personal injury can result from hydraulic oil pressure and hot oil.
Hydraulic oil pressure can remain in the hydraulic system after the engine has been stopped. Serious injury can be caused if this pressure is not released before any service is done on the hydraulic system.
Make sure all of the work tools have been lowered to the ground, and the oil is cool before removing any components or lines. Remove the oil filler cap only when the engine is stopped, and the filler cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the machine. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide"for tools and supplies to collect and contain fluids in AVSpare machines.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations.
Note: Put identification marks on all lines, on all hoses, on all wires, and on all tubes for installation purposes. Plug all lines, hoses, and tubes. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Disconnect hose assemblies (4), (5), (2), and (3) from propel motor (1) .
- Attach Tooling (A) and a suitable lifting device in order to raise the machine slightly off the ground. Place suitable blocks under the frame of the machine.
- Remove bolts (7), bolts (8), the shims, and drum support (6) .
- Attach Tooling (B) and a suitable lifting device to motor assembly (10). Remove bolts (9) and motor assembly (10) .
- Attach a suitable lifting device to drum support (11). Remove bolts (12), bolts (13), the shims, and drum support (11) .
- Attach Tooling (A), Tooling (C), and a suitable lifting device to the machine. Raise the end of the machine in order to provide 660 mm (26 inch) of ground clearance. Place Tooling (D) under the frame of the machine.
- Remove drum (14) from the machine.