Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Fuel leaked or spilled onto hot surfaces or electrical components can cause a fire. To help prevent possible injury, turn the start switch off when changing fuel filters or water separator elements. Clean up fuel spills immediately.
- Disconnect the batteries.
- Turn the fuel supply to the OFF position.
Illustration 1 g01390803
- Remove bolts (1). Remove guard (2).
Illustration 2 g01390806
- Remove hose assemblies (3).
Illustration 3 g01390808
- Remove bolts (4). Remove fuel cooler (5).
- Place fuel cooler (5) into position and install bolts (4).
Illustration 5 g01390806
- Install hose assemblies (3).
Illustration 6 g01390803
- Install guard (2) and install bolts (1).
- Turn the fuel supply to the ON position.
- Connect the batteries.