- Remove the radiator core. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Radiator Core - Remove and Install".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Personal injury can result from hot coolant, steam and alkali.
At operating temperature, engine coolant is hot and under pressure. The radiator and all lines to heaters or the engine contain hot coolant or steam. Any contact can cause severe burns.
Remove filler cap slowly to relieve pressure only when engine is stopped and radiator cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Cooling System Conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Remove seals (1).
Illustration 2 g01391769
- Remove bolts (2) and (3). Loosen bolts (4).
Illustration 3 g01391775
- Loosen clamp (6). Disconnect hose (8). Remove bolts (7) and radiator bottom tank (5).
|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||-||P80 Rubber Lubricant||-|
- Place radiator bottom tank (5) in position and install bolts (7). Connect hose (8). Tighten clamp (6).
Illustration 5 g01391769
- Tighten bolts (4). Install bolts (3) and (2).
Illustration 6 g01391768
- Apply Tooling (A) to seals (1). Install seals (1).
- Install the radiator core. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Radiator Core - Remove and Install".