- Remove the expansion tank. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Expansion Tank - Remove and Install".
- Remove the other radiator top tank. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Radiator Top Tank - Remove and Install".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting, and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, PERJ1017, "Dealer Service Tool Catalog" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on Cat® products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Personal injury can result from hot coolant, steam and alkali.
At operating temperature, engine coolant is hot and under pressure. The radiator and all lines to heaters or the engine contain hot coolant or steam. Any contact can cause severe burns.
Remove filler cap slowly to relieve pressure only when engine is stopped and radiator cap is cool enough to touch with your bare hand.
Cooling System Conditioner contains alkali. Avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Remove hose (1) and bracket (2).
Illustration 2 g01391929
- Loosen clamp (3). Remove bolts (4) and radiator top tank (5).
Illustration 3 g01391932
- Remove seals (6).
|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||-||P80 Rubber Lubricant||-|
- Apply Tooling (A) to seals (6). Install seals (6).
Illustration 5 g01391929
- Place radiator top tank (5) in position and install bolts (4). Tighten clamp (3).
Illustration 6 g01391928
- Install bracket (2) and hose (1).
Note: Install the expansion tank prior to the other radiator top tank.
- Install the expansion tank. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Expansion Tank - Remove and Install".
- Install the other radiator top tank. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Radiator Top Tank - Remove and Install".