- Release the hydraulic system pressure. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hydraulic System Pressure - Release".
- Remove the hood and the dust ejector. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Hood and dust ejector - Remove and Install".
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Refer to Special Publication, NENG2500, "AVSpare Tools and Shop Products Guide" for tools and supplies suitable to collect and contain fluids on AVSpare products.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the hydraulic tank into a suitable container for proper storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Hydraulic Oil - Change".
- Disconnect hose assembly (2) .
- Remove bolts (3). Position manifold (1) out of the way.
- Remove cable strap (4). Disconnect harness assemblies (5). Remove bolts (6) .
- Remove bolts (7). Position manifold (8) out of the way.
- Attach a suitable lifting device onto hydraulic tank and filter (9). The weight of hydraulic tank and filter (6) is approximately 168 kg (370 lb).
- Remove bolt (10) .
- Repeat Step 7 for the opposite side.
- Remove hydraulic tank and filter (9) .