|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A(1)||9U-6198||Crankshaft Turning Tool||1|
|5P-7305||Engine Turning Tool||1|
|B||230-6284||Timing Pin (Camshaft)||1|
|C||136-4632||Timing Pin (Crankshaft)||1|
|(1)||Install Tooling to the front pulley.|
|(2)||Install Tooling into the aperture for the electric starting motor.|
- Remove the front cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Front Cover - Remove and Install".
Note: Either Tooling (A) can be used. Use the Tooling that is most suitable.
Contact with high pressure fuel may cause fluid penetration and burn hazards. High pressure fuel spray may cause a fire hazard. Failure to follow these inspection, maintenance and service instructions may cause personal injury or death.
Ensure that all adjustments and repairs that are carried out to the fuel system are performed by authorised personnel that have the correct training.
Before begining ANY work on the fuel system, refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "General Hazard Information and High Pressure Fuel Lines" for safety information.
Refer to Systems Operation, Testing and Adjusting Manual, "Cleanliness of Fuel System Components" for detailed information on the standards of cleanliness that must be observed during ALL work on the fuel system.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Put identification marks on all hoses, on all hose assemblies, on wires and on all tube assemblies for installation purposes. Plug all hose assemblies and tube assemblies. This helps to prevent fluid loss and this helps to keep contaminants from entering the system.
- Turn the fuel supply to the OFF position.
- Turn the battery disconnect switch to the OFF position.
- If necessary, remove the fuel filter base. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Filter Base - Remove and Install".
- If necessary, remove the fuel priming pump. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Priming Pump - Remove".
- Use Tooling (A) in order to rotate the crankshaft so that number one piston is at top dead center on the compression stroke. Refer to System Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Finding Top Centre Position for No.1 Piston".
- Use Tooling (B) in order to lock the camshaft in the correct position. Use Tooling (C) in order to lock the crankshaft in the correct position. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Gear Group (Front) - Remove" for the correct procedure.
- Remove the backlash from the fuel pump gear. Lock the fuel injection pump in the correct position and remove the fuel pump gear. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Pump Gear - Remove and Install" for the correct procedure.
Illustration 1 g01563275 Typical example Illustration 2 g01563276 Typical example
- Disconnect plastic tube assembly (2) from fuel injection pump (1).
- Disconnect harness assembly (6) from solenoid (3). Slide the locking tab into the unlocked position and disconnect harness assembly (6) from position sensor (7).
Note: The harness assembly should be positioned in order to avoid an obstruction to the fuel injection pump.
- Disconnect plastic tube assembly (10) from fuel injection pump (1).
- Disconnect plastic tube assembly (9) from fuel injection pump (1).
- Disconnect tube assembly (4) from fuel injection pump (1).
- Remove banjo bolt (13) and remove sealing washers (12). Remove tube assembly (11) .
Note: In order to drain the fuel from the cylinder head, first disconnect tube assembly (11) at the fuel injection pump.
- Plug or cap all open ports and tube assemblies immediately with new plugs or caps.
Note: Ensure that quick fit connections are clean before the tube assemblies are plugged.
- Remove fuel injection line (5). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fuel Injection Lines - Remove". Use Tooling (D) in order to plug the open ports in the fuel injection pump and in the fuel manifold. Discard the fuel injection line.
- Remove tube assembly (8) for the engine oil supply to the fuel injection pump. Remove the banjo bolt and the sealing washers from the tube assembly.
Illustration 3 g01563333 Typical example
- Remove bolts (15) and remove bolts (16). Remove support bracket (14).
Illustration 4 g01563853 Typical example
- Remove bolts (18) and remove sealing washers (19).
Note: The fuel injection pump should be supported by hand as the bolts are removed.
- Carefully remove fuel injection pump (1) from front housing (20). Ensure that bore (X) in the front housing is not damaged as the fuel injection pump is removed.
- Remove O-ring seal (17) from fuel injection pump (1).