|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A(1)||9U-6198||Crankshaft Turning Tool||1|
|5P-7305||Engine Turning Tool||1|
|B||230-6284||Timing Pin (Camshaft)||1|
|C||136-4632||Timing Pin (Crankshaft)||1|
|D||-||Puller (Three Leg)||2|
|(1)||The Crankshaft Turning Tool is used on the front pulley.|
|(2)||This Tool is used in the aperture for the electric starting motor.|
- Remove the front cover. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Front Cover - Remove and Install".
Note: Either Tooling (A) can be used. Use the Tooling that is most suitable.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Care must be taken in order to ensure that the fuel injection pump timing is not lost during the removal of the fuel pump gear. Carefully follow the procedure in order to remove the fuel pump gear.
- Use Tooling (A) in order to rotate the crankshaft so that number one piston is at top dead center on the compression stroke. Refer to System Operation, Testing and Adjusting, "Finding Top Centre Position for No.1 Piston".
Illustration 1 g01335379
- Install Tooling (B) through hole (X) in camshaft gear (1) into the front housing. Use Tooling (B) in order to lock the camshaft in the correct position.
Illustration 2 g01335380
- Remove plug (4) from the cylinder block. Install Tooling (C) into hole (Y) in the cylinder block. Use Tooling (C) in order to lock the crankshaft in the correct position.
Note: Do not use excessive force to install Tooling (C). Do not use Tooling (C) to hold the crankshaft during repairs.Show/hide table
Illustration 3 g01335382
- Apply sufficient pressure to fuel injection pump gear (3) in a counterclockwise direction in order to remove the backlash. Lock fuel injection pump (5) in this position.
In order to lock fuel injection pump (5), loosen locking screw (6) in the fuel injection pump. Slide spacer (7) into position (Z2). Tighten locking screw (6) against the shaft of the fuel injection pump to a torque of
9 N·m (80 lb in).Show/hide table Illustration 4 g01335384 Alignment of timing marks
- Mark gears (1), (2) and (3) in order to show alignment. Refer to Illustration 4.
Note: Identification will ensure that the gears can be installed in the original alignment.
- Loosen nut (8) for fuel pump gear (3).
- Install Tooling (D) through three holes in fuel pump gear (3). Tighten Tooling (D) until fuel pump gear (3) is released.
- Remove Tooling (D) from fuel pump gear (3).
- Remove nut (8) and the washer from fuel pump gear (3). Remove the fuel pump gear.