Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
Note: Plug and cap all open ports and tube assemblies.
- If the turbocharger has an exhaust elbow, remove the exhaust elbow. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Exhaust Elbow - Remove and Install" for the correct procedure.
- Loosen the hose clamp and disconnect the air inlet hose from the turbocharger.
- Loosen the hose clamp and disconnect the air outlet hose from the turbocharger.
- If the turbocharger has a remote wastegate solenoid, disconnect the hose to the solenoid from the turbocharger.
Illustration 1 g01335455
- Follow Step 5.a through Step 5.c in order to remove tube assembly (3) for the oil feed.
- Remove bolt (5).
- Remove banjo bolt (1) and remove sealing washers (2).
- Remove tube assembly (3) from the cylinder block. Remove O-ring seal (4) from the tube assembly.
Note: Plug the port for the oil feed to the turbocharger with a suitable plug.
- Follow Step 6 through Step 6.c in order to remove tube assembly (10) for the oil drain.
- Remove bolts (11).
- Remove bolts (8) and remove tube assembly (10) from turbocharger (6).
- Remove gasket (7) and remove gasket (9).
Illustration 2 g01335456
- Remove nuts (15) from turbocharger (6) and remove turbocharger (6) from exhaust manifold (12).
Note: Ensure that the weight of the turbocharger is supported as the nuts are loosened.
- Remove gasket (14).
- If necessary, remove studs (13) from exhaust manifold (12).