- Remove the engine oil pan. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Pan - Remove" for the correct procedure.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- If suction pipe (1) has a support bracket, remove the support bracket.
Note: Note the position and orientation of the components for the support bracket.
Illustration 1 g01398113 Typical example
- Remove the bolts (2) and suction pipe (1).
- Remove joint (6) from the suction pipe.
- Remove bolts (5). Remove the assembly of engine oil pump (4) from the cylinder block.
- If necessary, remove pressure relief valve (3) from the housing of engine oil pump (4). Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Relief Valve - Remove and Install" for the correct procedure.
Illustration 2 g01336648 Typical example
- If necessary, remove allen head bolts (9) and front cover assembly (7). Remove outer rotor (8) from the housing of the engine oil pump.
Note: Do not remove dowel (9) or dowel (11) from the housing of the engine oil pump unless the dowels are damaged.