- Remove the fan and the fan pulley. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fan - Remove and Install".
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Drain the coolant from the cooling system into a suitable container for storage or disposal. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant - Change" for the correct procedure.
- Loosen the hose clamps and remove the hose from the water pump inlet.
Illustration 1 g01336658
- Remove bolts (4).
Note: The bolts are three different lengths. Note the positions of the different bolts.
- Remove water pump (3) from front cover (1).
Note: If necessary, tap the water pump with a soft faced hammer in order to loosen the water pump.
- Remove joint (2).
- If necessary, remove cover (6) from the water pump. Follow Steps 6.a through 6.c in order to remove the cover.
- Remove bolts (7).
- Remove cover (6).
- Remove joint (5).