|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
(M8 by 70 mm)
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Ensure that the water pump is clean and free from wear or damage. If necessary, replace the water pump.
Illustration 1 g01336659
- If necessary, install cover (6) to water pump (3). Follow Steps 2.a through 2.d in order to install the cover.
- Clean the mating surface of cover (6).
- Position a new joint (5) on water pump (3).
- Install cover (6) to water pump (3).
- Install bolts (7) to cover (6). Tighten bolts finger tight.
- Clean the mating surface of front cover (1).
Illustration 2 g01336660
- Install Tooling (A) in Position (X).
- Use Tooling (A) in order to align new joint (2) to front cover (1). Install the joint to the front cover.
- Align water pump (3) to Tooling (A). Install the water pump to front cover (1).
Note: Ensure that the gear of the water pump and the gear of the fuel injection pump mesh.
- Install bolts (4). Refer to Illustration 1. Tighten the bolts finger tight.
Note: Ensure that all bolts of different lengths are installed in the correct positions.
- Remove Tooling (A) and install remaining bolts (4).
Illustration 3 g01336661
- Tighten bolts (4) and (7) in the sequence that is shown in Illustration 3 to a torque of
22 N·m (16 lb ft).
- Install the hose to the water pump inlet. Tighten the hose clamps.
- Fill the cooling system with coolant. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Cooling System Coolant - Change" for the correct procedure.
- Install the fan and the fan pulley. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Fan - Remove and Install".