|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||-    ||Guide Stud
M12 by 70 mm
|B    ||227-4393    ||E18 Torx socket    ||1    |
- Remove the alternator belt. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Alternator Belt - Remove and Install".
Note: The weight of the assembly of the crankshaft pulley, the vibration damper and the crankshaft adapter is approximately 22 kg (48 lb). Remove the vibration damper and the crankshaft pulley before the crankshaft adapter is removed from the engine.
- Remove one of bolts (4) . Install Tooling (A) into the assembly of the crankshaft pulley, the vibration damper and the crankshaft adapter.
- Remove remaining bolts (4) .
- Remove vibration damper (3) and crankshaft pulley (2) from crankshaft adapter (1) . Remove Tooling (A) from crankshaft adapter (1) .
- Use a suitable tool in order to prevent the crankshaft from rotating. Use Tooling (B) to remove torx screws (5) .
- Remove the crankshaft adapter (1) from the crankshaft.