|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||-    ||Breather Tool    ||1    |
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- To remove the breather body, Tooling (A) must be used. The tool should be fabricated from 3.1 mm (1/8 inch) steel stock. The dimensions for the tool are given in Illustration 1. All dimensions are shown in millimeters.
- Loosen clamps (11) and remove hose (12) from cover (1) and from tube (13) .
Note: Illustration 3 shows the later type of crankcase breather cover that is installed in the valve mechanism cover. The later type of crankcase breather cover is not serviceable.
- Carefully pry cover (1) from breather body (4) .
Note: Note the orientation of the outlet.
- Remove gauze (2) from breather body (4) .
- Remove O-ring seal (3) from breather body (4) .
- Use Tooling (A) in order to unscrew breather body (4) from adapter plate (8) .
- Remove O-ring seal (5) from breather body (4) .
- Remove bolts (6) and washers (7) from adapter plate (8) .
- Remove adapter plate (8) from valve mechanism cover (10) .
- Remove O-ring seal (9) from adapter plate (8) .