|Required Tools    |
|Tool    ||Part Number    ||Part Description    ||Qty    |
|A    ||-    ||Breather Tool    ||1    |
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
- To install the breather body, Tooling (A) must be used. The tool should be fabricated from 3.1 mm (1/8 inch) steel stock. The dimensions for the tool are given in Illustration 1. All dimensions are shown in millimeters.
- Ensure that all components of the crankcase breather are clean and free from damage. Replace any components that are damaged.
Note: Illustration 3 shows the later type of crankcase breather cover that is installed in the valve mechanism cover. The later type of crankcase breather cover is not serviceable.
- Lubricate a new O-ring seal (9) with clean engine oil. Install the O-ring seal to the adapter plate (8) .
- Install adapter plate (8) to valve mechanism cover (10) .
- Install washers (7) and bolts (6) to adapter plate (8) . Tighten the bolts to a torque of 4.4 N·m (38 lb in).
- Lubricate a new O-ring seal (5) with clean engine oil. Install the O-ring seal to the bottom of breather body (4) .
- Use Tooling (A) in order to screw breather body (4) into adapter plate (8) . Tighten the breather body to a torque of 8 N·m (71 lb in).
- Install gauze (2) into breather body (4) .
- Lubricate a new O-ring seal (3) with clean engine oil. Install the O-ring seal to the top of breather body (4) .
- Install cover (1) to breather body (4) .
Note: Ensure that the outlet of the cover is in the correct position in order to align with hose (12) for the breather.
- Install clamps (11) to hose (12) .
- Connect hose (12) to cover (1) and to tube (13) . Tighten the clamps.