|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
(M8 by 100 mm)
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- If necessary, install the plate for the engine oil pan. Refer to Disassembly and Assembly, "Engine Oil Pan Plate - Remove and Install".
- Install Tooling (A) to positions (X) in the cylinder block.
Illustration 2 g01340606 Typical example
- Ensure that the engine oil pan (7) is clean and free from damage. Clean the isolating screws (8) and (9). Inspect the isolating screws for deterioration or damage. If necessary, replace the isolating screws. If necessary, ensure that the mating surface of the isolating frame is clean.
Note: The isolating screws must be replaced as a complete set in order to ensure the correct clamping of the engine oil pan.
- Position a new joint (4) onto the engine oil pan (7).
- Install the isolating screws (8) and (9) to the engine oil pan. Do not install the isolating screws (8) in positions (X). Refer to Illustration 1.
Note: The isolating screws are held captive by the joint.
- Align the assembly of the engine oil pan with Tooling (A). Install the assembly of the engine oil pan to the isolating frame (12). Install the clip that secures the breather hose in the correct position.
Illustration 3 g01340724 (X) Position of guide studs.
(Z) Position of short isolating screws.
- Tighten the isolating screws to a torque of
22 N·m (16 lb ft). Tighten the isolating screws in the sequence that is shown in Illustration 3.
- Remove Tooling (A).
Illustration 4 g01340725
- Install the four remaining isolating screws. Tighten the isolating screws to a torque of
22 N·m (16 lb ft). Tighten the isolating screws in the sequence that is shown in Illustration 4.
- Install a new O-ring seal (6) to the drain plug (5). Install the drain plug (5) to the engine oil pan (7). Refer to Illustration 2. Tighten the oil drain plug to a torque of
34 N·m (25 lb ft). Illustration 5 g01340605 Typical example
- If necessary, follow Steps 10.a through 10.c in order to install the assembly of the dipstick tube.
- Install a new seal (3) to the tube assembly (2).
- Apply Tooling (B) to the nut (1). Install the tube assembly to the engine oil pan.
Note: Ensure that the orientation of the tube assembly is correct.
- Tighten the nut (1) to a torque of
18 N·m (13 lb ft). Install the dipstick (not shown).
- Fill the engine oil pan to the correct level. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Oil Filter Change" for the procedure.