|Tool||Part Number||Part Description||Qty|
|A||194-3536||T40 Torx Socket||1|
Note: In order to install a cast iron oil pan, the engine must be removed from the application.
Keep all parts clean from contaminants.
Contaminants may cause rapid wear and shortened component life.
Care must be taken to ensure that fluids are contained during performance of inspection, maintenance, testing, adjusting and repair of the product. Be prepared to collect the fluid with suitable containers before opening any compartment or disassembling any component containing fluids.
Dispose of all fluids according to local regulations and mandates.
- Ensure that the joint face of the cylinder block is clean and free from damage. Inspect the studs in the cylinder block for damage. If necessary, replace the studs.
- Ensure that the engine oil pan is clean and free from damage.
Illustration 1 g01340933 Typical example
- Apply a bead of Tooling (C) to positions (Y).
Illustration 2 g01340934
- Align a new joint (4) with the studs and install the joint to the cylinder block.
- Attach a suitable lifting device to the engine oil pan (7). The engine oil pan can weigh
100 kg (220 lb).
- Use the lifting device to align the engine oil pan (7) with the studs . Install the engine oil pan to the cylinder block.
- Install bolts (8) and (9), nuts (10) and the torx screws (11) finger tight.
- Align the rear face of the engine oil pan to the rear face of the cylinder block. Use Tooling (E) and a feeler gauge in order to check the alignment between the engine oil pan and the cylinder block.
Illustration 3 g01399279 Typical example
- Tighten bolts (8) and (9), and nuts (10) to a torque of
22 N·m (16 lb ft). Use Tooling (A) in order to tighten torx screws (11) to a torque of 22 N·m (16 lb ft). Tighten the fasteners in the sequence that is shown in Illustration 3.
- Install a new O-ring seal (6) to drain plug (5). Install drain plug (5) to engine oil pan (7). Tighten the drain plug to a torque of
34 N·m (25 lb ft).Show/hide table Illustration 4 g01340605
- If necessary, follow Steps 11 through 11.c in order to install the assembly of the dipstick tube.
- Install a new seal (3) to tube assembly (2).
- Apply Tooling (D) to nut (1). Install the tube assembly to the engine oil pan.
Note: Ensure that the orientation of the tube assembly is correct.
- Tighten the nut to a torque of
18 N·m (13 lb ft). Install the dipstick.
Note: After the engine has been installed, ensure that the engine oil pan is filled with lubricating oil to the correct level. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Oil Filter Change" for the correct procedure.